- Reporting to the head of radiology, the Radiologist will be responsible for providing general radiology services to Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- This will encompass plain film reporting, screening, and cross-sectional imaging with computer tomography (CT), Mammograms, Ultrasound, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- The incumbent will also be responsible for operating the machinery used to collect these images.
- The activities of the Radiologist include, provide efficient, effective, and professional radiology services to patients, perform Diagnostic Imaging procedures, and Interpret test results.
- Other responsibilities of the Radiologist include, provide appropriate and timely advice to the Head of Radiology services, ensure the maintenance of professional standards of radiology, and supervise the activities of other radiology staff members.
Evaluate the patient's medical history to ensure the various medical imaging procedures will not cause harm to the patient.
Suggest alternative medical imaging techniques where necessary.
Using devices such as computer tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Ultrasound, and other machines available to perform diagnostic imaging procedures.
Cedarcrest Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without undue bias.
Instruct, guide, and supervise radiology technicians to carry out image-guided, diagnostic procedures.
Interpreting the results from diagnostic imaging procedures to determine diagnoses.
Communicate test results and their diagnosis to a patient’s primary physician through a written report.
Responsible for uploading patients' records on Helium Plus (electronic records).
Provide effective, efficient, and professional clinical radiology services to patients.
Responsible for maintaining high standards of personal clinical performance and foster the maintenance of high standards of radiological diagnosis in the department of Radiology.
Develop and maintain a high-quality assurance program for all radiology services.
Medical degree (MBBS / MD)
Fellow West African College of Surgeons (WACS-Radiology)/ National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria.
Minimum of four to five years of working experience.
Proficient in general radiology techniques, including X-ray, MRI, and Ultrasound.
Possess patient management skills.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Knowledge of Health and Safety issues.
Committed to quality improvement.
Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital.
The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
Knowledge of workflow processes