Sales, Marketing and Customer Service:
- Lead the marketing effort to drive sales of the Quick Service Restaurant, utilising the requisite marketing tools (product, price, place, promotion) and channels (offline and online channels; in-store and delivery channels)
- Managing the Quick Restaurant's online and social media platforms (website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
- Ensure that all customers have a pleasant experience and that the brand’s reputation is upheld
- Attends to customer queries and complaints
- Working with the chef(s) to devise and implement a clear and documented production process, including recipes and portioning for each item on the menu
- Coordination of shifts and rotas for their staff to ensure that there are enough members of the team working to cover all open hours.
- Responsible for supervising preparation and cooking areas and checking that all hygiene standards are met.
- Ensuring that the bakery is clean and has a safe and welcoming ambience at all times
- Assign and oversee duties to make sure that all tasks are done to the appropriate standard by closing time.
- Ensuring that the restaurant equipment is efficiently utilised, effectively maintained and safeguarded
Finance and Procurement:
- Estimating the unit costs of each item on the menu with a view to establishing profitability per item;
- controlling and optimising the efficiency of operational costs, including portion control and quantities.
- administering payroll
- manage the budget and make sure that the business’ financial records are kept up to date
- Providing input into the appropriate accounting and record keeping systems to be utilized
- Devising an efficient and effective procurement process, leveraging staff members and liaising with vendors
- Creating an effective process for issuing out production items to staff members
- Support the training and development of members of staff by facilitating training programmes and on-the-job learning experiences
Skills and Attributes
- Leadership skills – Ability to effectively manage a team, lead by example, forge strong work relationships and create an enjoyable work environment
- Customer service – Ability to remain polite, courteous, and professional at all times
- Communication skills – communicating effectively with staff, vendors and customers alike. Ability to give clear direction to enable the smooth running of shifts
- Business aptitude – managing budgets, schedules, and inventory is all part of the manager’s role, so having a talent for business helps the restaurant to run properly and ensures that it meets its targets
- Problem-solving – Ability to troubleshoot and find solutions to customer complaints or personnel issues is critical
- Time management – Ability to prioritize, keep track of schedules and shifts and ensure that all necessary tasks get done each day