our Quantity Surveyor/Project Manager you are required to perform a wide range
of duties including some but not limited to all of the following:
Plan the project
- Prepare Bill of Quantities
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the MD
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with MD and all other project team; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Prepare work and material schedule for the project
Staff the project
- Select appropriate workers for the project
- Manage project staffs and workers according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation before moving to project site.
- Monitor the project according to the project plan with assigned project supervisor
- Develop forms and records to document project activities for the assigned project supervisor
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staffs in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project
- Communicate reports on the project with the management
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Managing Director on a monthly basis in liaison with the company’s accountant.
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
Skills and Competencies
- As a key member of the design team, you must be a strong team player, with great communication and managerial skills
- Very creative
- Eyes for interior details
- knowledge of furniture systems and finishes
- Must have a vast experience on building or renovation works
- Must be able to read blueprints, understand building codes, and must be a strong technical designers with experience delivering interior designs to meet brand and operational standards.
- Completion of Bachelor/ Master’s level Quantity Surveying
- Must be registered with Quantity Surveyor Registration Board of Nigeria
Project management certification is a must
- Previous experience in furniture manufacturing or Interior Design Company is an added advantage.
- 7-15 year experience is required.