A reputable firm in the manufacturing sector requires suitably qualified candidates for the post of a Quality Control Officer.
Quality control officers use a variety of measures and management systems, such as total quality management to carry out as below:
- Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications;
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met;
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
- Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety;
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards;
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
- using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business;
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
· Read and understand work-related materials
· Problem solving, Research, Teamwork, Presentation, Training and Communication
· Ability to maintain an overview of entire project while continuing to attend to details
· Understanding of the code, Specifications and Regulations related to the food processing industry
Note: Job location is Lagos, Lagos State.