- Lead the plant efforts to assure that products/processes meet and exceed customer and regulatory requirements for food quality attributes and food safety.
- Maintain food safety and regulatory compliance programs (HACCP, GMP, Microbial surveillance, Pest Control and Sanitation Program support, hold and reject; product recovery, allergens, and inspections (internal and external).
- Implement and maintain quality systems as necessary to meet standards as established by our customers, including process control systems and finished products audits.
- Management oversight and support to ensure all records, procedures, processes, packaging and equipment is in compliance with all company, state, federal and other regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Production Coordinators to identify and implement strategies to reduce consumer complaints and B&D products.
- Supervise and develop Quality Assurance and Sanitation to support the production process through improved skill and attribute development.
- Analyze quality, food safety and consumer complaints and identify areas and plans for improvement.
- Communicate to relevant Plant and Corporate personnel information (trends, data, needs, non-compliances, internal and external audits, etc.) to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System (or equivalent Food Safety/Food Quality Strategy).
- Ensure the plant staff is aware of their responsibility to report food safety problems to plant leadership with authority to initiate action, including evaluation of the potentially impacted product or process.
- Create and maintain an empowered, highly motivated Food Safety work culture within and outside the plant facility.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Quality and Food Safety in the bakery industry
- Demonstrated leader who is involved with the production group to solve problems and improve processes.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications
- Prior management experience is a plus
- HND or BSc required
- The successful candidate will work on the Production Floor and will work on a shift basis including day and night shifts.