- Gaining an understanding of the client's needs and requirements and communicating them and the quality standards to the production teams.
- Devising ways to improve the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality goods.
- Devising, improving, and reviewing new specifications and procedures for products or processes, and training staff to use them.
- Setting the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Supervising inspectors, technicians, and other staff members and providing guidance.
- Ensuring legal obligations are followed and ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and with health and safety guidelines.
- Overseeing product development procedures to identify any deviations from quality standards.
- Inspecting the final output, comparing it to the requirements, and approving or rejecting the final products.
- Keeping accurate documentation and performing statistical analysis.
- Gaining feedback from the clients, attending meetings, submitting reports, and assisting external auditors and inspectors.
- A Bachelor's degree in science or business-based programs.
- Previous experience in production or manufacturing.
- Experience in business administration may be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures and legal standards.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, and statistical methods.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good technical and IT skills.