- Directly hire and manage QA Analysts, Test Engineers, and QA Managers, helping them balance multiple short- and long-term projects.
- Work to refine and evangelize Chippers' QA practices and processes.
- Support direct reports’ long-term career development, helping them build their skills in software testing and leadership.
- Represent QA Leadership within a cross-functional team, advocating for QA practices and people.
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcomed and success is celebrated.
- Advocate for QA’s involvement early in the planning and development phases to ensure successful implementation of all projects.
- Organize team communications and projects.
- Help to drive the interviewing and hiring of a diverse QA team.
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure the reliability of the product.
What You Should Have:
- You have several years of experience with full-time testing and/or testing adjacent responsibilities.
- You have strong people management experience including experience managing.
- You can cultivate a healthy team culture of inclusion and equity.
- You recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- You’re patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it’s challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You’re willing to consider things from other perspectives and consider the impact on others.
- You have experience working within an Agile-based environment.
- You have a proven track record of effective performance management and coaching individual contributors.
- You are a skilled written and verbal communicator, with both technical and non-technical audiences, upward and broadly across teams.
- You can balance app stability with the need to release features quickly.
- Understanding of testing strategies including technologies for automated testing such as Detox.
Ideally, You Should Have:
- Experience in defining and executing a mobile testing strategy.
- Willingness to dive in to execute your testing strategy.
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing.
- Fintech experience & a strong interest in our products.
- A great understanding of the balance between automated and manual testing.