Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Secure products and services at the best possible pricing
- Consolidate purchases to achieve maximum economic benefit
- Forge close relationships with Head of Departments, Management and Directors across the restaurants and support office
- Liaise between suppliers and restaurants to ensure their needs are being met.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Negotiate and agree on contracts, monitoring the quality of service and product provided
- Produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- Ensure the companies purchasing systems are up to date with products and pricing to facilitate its smooth operation at the restaurant level
- Reviews inventory levels and compare to orders before submitting them to vendors
- Reviews usage projections and compare to orders before submitting them to vendors
- Train and supervise the work of other members of staff
The successful candidate required to:
- Demonstrate openness and respect for others.
- Value and stimulate new ideas and perspectives from people.
- Continually work to develop your own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
- Demonstrate having a clear vision, focus, and outstanding communication skills
- Be an advocate for positive change and improvement within the company
- Communicate effectively to ensure transparency on all matte
- BSC/HND in Economics or any other related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of purchasing experience.
- Good knowledge of food and inventory trends with a focus on operations
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Possess accurate data-entry skills, computer skills, and be detailed oriented with great organizational skills