▪ To work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trend
▪ To assist the Finance and Operational departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of cost of sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
▪ Manage And Provide Efficient, Prompt, Trouble-free, Courteous and quality Accounting Service
▪ To implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with company standards.
▪ To monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
▪ Must obtain competitive quotations for the hotel requirement and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
▪ To call for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
▪ Must ensure that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
▪ Must receive market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arrange for the delivery of those items daily.
▪ Must ensure that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
▪ Must research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
▪ Must obtain written approval for established Minimum/Maximum stock levels by the
Financial Controller and Operations Manager.
▪ Must ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
▪ Must check, explain if needed and approve delivered items discrepancy report issued by Cost Controller regarding price and quantity order variances.
▪ Must approve all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, and category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock.
▪ Must verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
▪ Must identify items for standing orders utilizing vendor’s logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
▪ Must issue regularly slow moving item lists.
▪ Must ensure validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
▪ Must verify that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filled according to policy and procedure requirement.
▪ Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
▪ Must maintain all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
▪ Must keep all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
▪ Must be responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
▪ To approve all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
Security, Health And Safety
▪ Maintain high confidentiality in regards to Hotel Management privacy.
▪ Notifies the Financial Controller, Cost Controller and Operations Manager regarding loopholes, errors, and misconducts.
▪ Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
▪ Follows appropriate procedures to provide for the security and safety of the Hotel
▪ Application of hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
▪ Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
▪ Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities
▪ Informs guests about the hotel and its surroundings if requested.
▪ Stays current with activities in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift.
▪ Attends meetings and training required by the Operations Manager, Financial Controller, Cost Controller and Hotel Management.
▪ Continuously seeks to endeavor professionalism in own job function
• Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
• Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
• Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals, stations, tourist sights)
• Hotel and corporate marketing and promotional programs
• Corporate clients and clients generating high business volume
▪ Union Agreements
Key performance indicators
▪ 90% Employee performance evaluation
▪ Smooth running of operations that exhibit proper planning, time management and efficient resource allocation;
▪ Overall departmental heads performance;
▪ Thoroughness in accountability of Human Resources budget
Working knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes
▪ Excellent oral communication skills;
▪ Attention to detail and good organizational skills;
▪ Leadership qualities and Relationship Management;
▪ Advanced computer skills on Microsoft Office, Hotel Management software and data bases.
▪ Strong negotiating and closing skills required.
▪ Interpersonal skills;
▪ Conflict management and resolution;
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ Working experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree and/or diploma in social science or other related field.
▪ Equal Opportunity