JEI is looking for a health or public health professional to join our team as the Public Health Lead to coordinate our work around access to health for the urban poor based in Lagos. This position requires an individual with substantial knowledge of health, preferably with a public health background, and of teaching health education.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Train and support community health advocates. This includes teaching public health topics to community health advocate trainees and supporting them to carry out step-down presentations on health topics in their communities. Public Health Lead will convene regular meetings with community health advocates to discuss new issues, share best practices, and plan for health activities.
- Evaluate and develop a health accompaniment program. This includes building existing health accompaniment work into a structured program with regular support for community health advocates assisting other vulnerable individuals to navigate the public health system, document barriers encountered, and strategize on how to best overcome them.
- Coordinate with and assist JEI paralegals and lawyers to render assistance in cases of health rights violations. This includes participating in training and collaboratively developing advocacy strategies around improving health access and supporting efforts to ensure accountability for individual cases of health rights violations.
- Build partnerships and collaborations with public health authorities and other non-governmental actors. Strengthen connections between urban poor communities and primary health care centers, primary health boards, hospitals, and other civil society partners to increase access and outreach.
- 3 - 5 years experience working in public health or related field
- 2+ years of experience working in civil society, building and running programmatic activities, facilitating collaborations across different health stakeholders, and capacity building with partners/beneficiaries is preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in English and French is a significant plus.
- Fluency in local languages is a plus (incl. Pidgin, Yoruba, Hausa, Egun, and Fon).
- Must be willing to work at least one Saturday per month.
Remuneration: A competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.