Location: Jere LGA ,Konduga and
Supervisor: Report to project manager and the ED
Duration: One year
- The Project Officer is responsible to support the Project Manager in implementing the livelihood activities and sensitization of the community on COVID-19
- Assist in training of livelihood beneficiaries on FBS and VSLAs
- Support project manager to ensure that vulnerable groups within the communities are represented and heard
- Develop and maintain strong understanding of the situation in each target community
- In collaboration with livelihood coordinator, support the distribution of food and non food items in transparent manner.
· Train community focal persons on COVID 19 to ensure understanding of their roles and responsibilities
- Train Community Livelihood case workers on monitoring, coaching and mentoring
- Design a tracker with M&E officer on the team’s ability to deliver on the plan and report back to the team each week.
- Liaise with community stake holders in project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to grantees businesses.
- Work in collaboration with livelihood Coordinators to provide Food and nutrition assistance to the most vulnerable households to cushion the effect of loss of livelihood during lockdown.
- Ensure that all staff on the projects adhere to COVID-19 prevention guidelines by wearing of face mask.
- Providing technical assistance and support to Project staff as required.
- Train Community Volunteers (members of Community Based women organizations on COVID 19 risk communications for effective sensitization of their communities and cascading of COVID 19 information.
- Write a comprehensive reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly activity
- Work together with finance team in ensuring that BVAs are carried out on monthly and quarterly basis
- Ensure that feedback from the project communities are attended to in timely manner
- Ensure that all work plan and fund request are coded according the budget line.
- Actively participate in the sensitization of the beneficiaries and community on COVID-19
- Conduct post-disbursement monitoring of beneficiaries
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor's degree/ Higher National Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Development studies or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proven practical experience in livelihoods programming.
- Experience in direct donor funding project
- Good written and spoken English.
Ability to communicate in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri) will be an added advantage