- Assist the team leader and management team in all programme-related matters.
- Support in the organisation of external and internal events, conferences, annual meetings, planning workshops etc.
- Support in internal communication, rules and regulations, team building and reporting on the progress of the programme;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual operational plan.
- Support in the strategic development and operational management of PME in Nigeria
- Support in broadening the cooperation network of the programme in line with strategic priorities
- Support team organisation and team information (newsletters, progress reports, reviews);
- Keeps the team informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring a smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Assist with desk-based task and related research assistance for migration policy advice by the Centre.
- Contribute to the review and preparation of relevant reports and documents.
- Support organisation and minuting of weekly team meetings;
- Organize, update and manage the Team Leaders meeting schedule/outlook calendar.
- Manage the PME Leave / Mission Calendar
- Provide any other project assistance task assigned by the team leader.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualification:
- Minimum of Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Administration or any other project-related field.
- Not more than 3 years of professional experience in a similar role.
Other experiences and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English are required. Good knowledge of the German language is desirable.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office packages;
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners, officials, media, and civil society;
- Strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Familiarity with administrative, political and policy environment in Nigeria and West Africa;
- Knowledge of the topic of migration in Nigeria, especially on the nexus of Migration and Development, Reintegration and Employment.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email (Please include vacancy no. 032 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted