• Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations to determine whether it is appropriate for project description.
• Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Monitoring the activities of contractors, subcontractor, consultants and vendors to make sure they render services according to contract and agreement.
• Responsible for ensuring assigned project are completed within budget and time
• Ensure all assigned project meet the project quality expectation
• Work with the design team to develop project execution plan of all assigned projects.
2. Design related aspect
• Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards;
• Interpret clients' and contractor’s requirements
• Work with the design team to review and determine the suitability of civil, M&E and structural design.
3. Execution related aspect
• Manage and control all project related activities
• Ensure full compliance of QMS systems and Inspection Test Procedures
• Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
• Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
• Identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented
• Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within a schedule
• Liaise with third party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose
• Take responsibility and manage site engineers and other technical staff on site
• Manage and control the activities of resident engineers on site
• Ensuring projects are completed according to approved drawing and specification.
4. Contract related aspect
• Initiate request for change order.
• Determine variations in project.
• Receive, collate, and review all site documents from contractors and consultant.
• Administer QMS forms
• Verify certificate and valuation.
• Ensure that all civil related design and submission from consultants are reviewed before approval for use or construction is given.
• Ensure monthly financial statement for assigned projects
• Ensure joint monthly valuation
•Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
• B. Tech/B.Eng. in Civil Engineering and M.Sc. in Project Management, Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Membership of NSE, COREN is mandatory
• Minimum of 0f 10years experience in construction field of which 5 must be as a Project Manager
• Strong interpersonal/Communication skills
• Strong project management knowledge and skills
• Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team