- Develop Project Accounting methodologies for monitoring and reporting costs, commitments, and the value of work done.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections, and submission of monthly financial reports
- Develop cash forecasting and monitoring tools for managing the funding of the projects
- Ensure an effective cost allocation methodology amongst project heads
- Establish and implement financial procedures in line with the organization’s requirements
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecast and report variances
- Prepare project and operating budgets. Track and report the organization’s budget performance
- Monitor the organization’s compliance with all applicable regulations and standards guiding its operations including IPSAS and IFRS.
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions
- Manage and comply with state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Any other related duties.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- A first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any Business-related discipline and post-graduate degree(s)
- A professional qualification is desirable (CFA, ICAN, ACCA)
- Minimum of ten (10) years cognate experience with at least three (3) years of financial management experience at a managerial level
- Good understanding of IPSAS and IFRS
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning tools (ERP) systems
- Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values
- Attention to details with a high degree of accuracy
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong people skills and ability to manage people
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of infrastructure projects (globally and within the Nigerian context)