The Project Estimator is responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of the construction bidding process. This includes reviewing client drawings and specifications, preparing material takeoff, pricing data and documentation necessary to complete bidding proposal. The Project Estimator will utilize previous subcontractor pricing and material cost to prepare job budgets, also have working knowledge of dispute resolution, estimating/pricing, material procurement processes, and scheduling. The estimator will maintain a database of pricing to ensure timely preparation of project cost, projections and purchase order. The ideal candidate should have good communication skills and ability to discuss construction issues.
To stay competitive, looking for technology savvy candidates. Looking for a candidate versatile in Python, R, Microsoft Excel and SQL. Someone that could build pricing database for the estimating operation. Must be able to troubleshoot or debug coding error in python. Someone knowledgeable about scrapping data online, have experience in different coding languages and understand other general computer/network functionalities. Someone with statistical background is a plus for analyzing construction pricing data.
· The estimator plays a key role as the individual in the position between the corporate office and field operations.
· The ability to provide timely estimates, purchase order packages while maintaining company standards.
· Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
· Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
· Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
· Maintains cost database, and must have working knowledge of python and SQL to automate processes
· Prepare material takeoffs for all phasing of construction activities.
· The ability to evaluate and adjust material takeoffs based on field input.
· Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
· Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Have a working knowledge of all required plans and specifications
Coding language such as Python, R
Knowledge of AutoCAD
Bachelors of Science in Math, Computer Science or Engineering degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or related field. Masters or relating Advanced degree candidates preferred.