The Programme Officer is responsible for supervising the implementation of one of our projects in accordance to the project design to ensure that it is being implemented according to the programme design across all in-person and online locations.
This is a 3-month contract position, renewable upon programme extension.
The MakeHer Spaces programme will teach selected girls to create technology and engineering-based solutions that solve problems in their communities, provide information about career options and exposes them to women working successfully in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths).
- - Serves as point of contact for the respective MakeHer Space state coordinators and partners, addresses and works to solve any programme-related issues (issues could include but not limited to scheduling conflicts, technical problems, facilitator performance)
- Collates and reviews reports from state coordinators and flags any challenges or irregularities
- Ensure that all evaluation instruments are administered appropriately
- Monitor and amend timelines as necessary
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Work closely with the Research team to keep, collate and maintain detailed records of all the MakeHer Space activities (including, but not limited to, reports, evaluations, feedback and testimonials from alumni and other relevant stakeholders).
Finance and Administration:
- Work closely with all State Coordinators, Programme Manager and the Finance and Administration Officer to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- - Work closely with all State Coordinators to get up to date information about the MakeHer Space activities and achievements.
- Write about the MakeHer Space and participant testimonials, articles for wide dissemination, blog posts, impact stories, case studies, multimedia testimonials, videos, infographics. After which you will work with the Communication and Research department in ensuring this information are regularly shared online and other W.TEC publications.
- Work with Communications Officer on developing questions for video, audio and written interviews (of beneficiaries, partners, volunteers and other key stakeholders), and then administering them.
- Keep, collate and maintain detailed records of all meetings and activities related to the MakeHer Space.
Coordinating Communication and Awareness Campaign for the Camp:
- Work with the Communications Officer to monitor and manage the online awareness campaign
Perform Related Duties as Assigned within the Organisation
- Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm daily
- This is a 3-month contract position, renewable depending of programme extension
- Involves supporting community engagement, outreach, and working with teenage girls, volunteers and programme facilitators
- May be assigned tasks with changing priorities
- May be required to work extra hours
- Job is based in Lagos, Nigeria, however, job may include overnight and local travel
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Nigeria
- Have at least a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s degree
- Have at least 2 years of directly related working experience with girls / youths
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with facilitators, programme staff, students and other key stakeholders
- Interested in and knowledgable about technology and recent trends
- Invested in continuous personal and professional development
- Patient, approachable and understanding
- Analytical skills to examine the programme and make recommendations for improvement
- Creativity — able to think of new ways to engage students
- Resourceful – able to take initiative, think quickly and solve problems
- Able to interact effectively with management and staff, and work independently, and/or as part of a team
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects
- Concrete understanding of issues around gender imbalance in technology
- Punctual, meticulous, detail-oriented and reliable
WORKING SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Comfortable using computers, productivity applications (such as Microsoft Office Suite, Excel)
- Proficiency using social media tools (especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English required
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Able to mobilise necessary technical logistics for programmes, liaising with other stakeholders
- Must be organized and work well with constant priority change
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision