- Taking responsibility for leading and managing projects from the concept design stage, through the development of design and all necessary stages or applications for statutory approvals, production information, specifications, tender process, including carrying out inspections of projects on site.
- Working collaboratively in a dynamic office setting, contributing to all phases of planning, design, construction administration and staff mentoring.
- Cooperating in the development of designs using hand sketching, AutoCAD, Revit, and other software.
- Guiding the team to develop high-quality construction bid documents.
- Reviewing building codes and standards to evaluate design compliance.
- Developing construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards requirements.
- Producing detailed working drawings and specifications as well as 3D drawings and other pictorial presentations for clarity.
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required for a project.
- Regular Site visits to check the progress of construction and preparing Site reports during construction.
- Participating in internal and external meetings.
- Supervising and coaching trainees.
- Developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Tracking project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals report and escalate to management as needed.
- Meeting budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors and Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Professional Qualification: NIA.
- Minimum of 7 years in a similar role.
- Be a Member of the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON).
- Proficient in architectural Systems and Knowledge.
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Adobe editing system.
- Highly motivated and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Excellent use of Architectural Software’s (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit designs, etc.).
- Proven experience in architectural document production and team coordination.
- In-depth ability to read, develop and interpret architectural drawings.
- Ability to develop, communicates, and present design concepts orally and graphically.
- Proficiency with Revit, Sketch-Up, and AutoCAD Suite is required.
- Experience and interest in high-performance architectural design.
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Architectural Practices.