Design and Draft Building Plans
- Designing and drafting building plans for residential, commercial, and industrial construction projects.
- He will work with drafting software like AutoCAD to design projects and then present these plans to clients and construction crews.
- He will collaborate with engineers to ensure that project elements like structures and building elements are developed according to local codes and meet client needs.
Oversee Contractors and Construction Team
- He will make frequent site visits throughout the construction project to monitor contractor progress, answer questions that may arise, and ensure that milestones are completed according to the project timeline. He will provide expertise and advice throughout the building process while also stepping in to prevent delays and to make changes to the initial project plan or blueprint as needed.
Visit and Review Work Sites
- He will also conduct site visits and reviews to ensure that statutory standards are upheld and correctly implemented at all stages of construction.
- Prepare Documents and Specifications
- He will prepare project documents and specifications for both contractors and clients. He will translate complex construction documents into accessible and actionable specification sheets to provide contractors with vital information regarding the project.
Budget and Schedule Management
- He will manage both time schedules and project budgets to ensure that construction projects are completed on time and within set budgets. He will also be responsible for identifying material needs and costs and developing cost-reduction strategies to ensure profitability.