The key purpose of this role is to ensure that the Organization’s vision is actualized by working with the ED and team to provide trainings, coaching, mentorship, agency and a showcase platform for beauticians across West Africa through our community systems. This role would therefore require the candidate to
- Thoroughly understand and have first-hand experience in the Nigerian Beauty industry, the current challenges, the pitfalls and limiting (external &internal) factors and be inspired to bring change.
- Research Resource Stakeholders (Organizations, parastatals, government or regulatory agencies, other businesses in the sector) that have done/ are doing relevant work towards our vision
- Create a database of the Resource Stakeholders (Their names, contact information, location, objectives, achievements and authority – where applicable) and update it monthly
- Draft Proposals, Profiles or Invitations for Sponsorship/ Partnership, addressed to Resource Stakeholders & Brands to introduce BAWA, solicit support and resources – with the ED
- Come up with ideas, strategies and concepts that would help to attract and engage the right community members – with the ED
- Know Community Members (CM) & keep an updated database of them across all platforms
- Draft Community Guidelines, FAQs and other literature for members of our community
- Find Faculty Stakeholders (Indigenous, successful, long-serving beauticians & Creatives) that can Train, tell their stories, Serve as Coaches/Mentors, Accept Interns and support our cause
- Build a Database of the Faculty Stakeholders (their names, contact information, location, objectives, achievements and authority – where applicable) and update it monthly
- Create a Schedule for Training Workshops for hard-skills – with the ED
- Create a Schedule for Internships, Coaching and Mentorship (Peer-to-peer or with Experts) – with the ED
- Create Community Engagement plans with the Community Manager & ED pre-commencement of each cycle
- Monitor the implementation of Community engagement plans, Training Plans and Coaching, Mentorship & Internship plans.
- Review Content created (by the Media Team, Community Manager and Social Media Manager) and send to the ED for approval before publishing.
- Report weekly & monthly on all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the ED
- Serve as ‘Programmes Coordinator’ during physical meetings, programmes, trainings, capacity building workshops, interviews and all on-site events, liaising between the Event Team and ED.
The ideal candidate must be
- Smart (a quick thinker, high initiative, street-wise, ample common sense)
- Resourceful (a problem solver)
- Passionate (about people & capacity building)
- A Good Communicator (written & spoken)
- Eager to Learn (with an open mind)
- Emotionally intelligent & Patient
- Computer literate & Technologically inclined