1. Provides strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
2. Provides oversight of program implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance
3. Ensures that the project progresses in accordance to its contractual obligations and complies with donor regulations and internal organizational policies.
4. Conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverables and obligations.
5. Oversees budget pipeline development and budget monitoring
6. Procurement Management - consisting of procurement planning, contracts planning, authoring solicitations, evaluation, requesting solicitation responses, selecting contractor(s), administering contract(s), and contract(s) closing activities
7. Ensures the project produces the specified results in the annual workplan(s) to the required standard of quality and within the timeline and budget parameters.
8. Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project 9. Identifying needs for implementing new processes and analyze project trends to improve and optimize existing processes. Ensure both new and existing processes are being followed 10. Oversees development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for the successive phases of the project to capture project performance and result
11. Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
12. Qualifying contractors by reviewing bids and related documents
Key Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field.
• A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
• Strong project management skills including design, construction, and cost control and budgeting • Strong written and oral communication skills
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of building construction.
• Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
Years of Experience 8 years and Above
Remuneration(gross) N500,000- N600,000 (Negotiable)