- Support the establishment of synergy/linkages for ISD mission-critical programs, development, and execution of annual/quarterly/monthly work plans
- Work with the Executive Director to establish and follow-up work plans, reports, and program outputs for ISD and her partners.
- Update and communicate work plan adjustments as needed
- Develop, maintain and improve coordination with existing and potential local, national and international partners, networks association, and coalitions.
- Plan project implementation, in liaison with other departments, local partners, communities, and other stakeholders
- Guide implementation and follow all stages of the project including weekly feedback on project status
- Guide and assist the program teams in the implementation of project activities with regular coordination and collaboration with other departments and site/state field offices
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources
- Develop strong expertise of the risks and potential emergency situation in the planning, execution, and evaluation of ISD programs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas, programs, and proposal writings
- Conduct regular field visits to support program teams
- Support capacity development of field implementing teams (training plans, capacity assessments) and partners.
- Ensure project relevance & identify best practice/lessons learnt
- Ensure adherence to ISD program policies and procedures and national guidelines/standard of practices
- Other project management duties as assigned
Project reporting requirements:
- Update the Project Management Frameworks at the end of each month;
- Play a lead role in the preparation of program narrative reports and ensure compliance with management and donor requirements for such reports
- Coordinate other members of the program team to provide fair, timely, and accurate information on work progress, challenges, and suggestion for improvement through weekly internal staff/management meetings, monthly and quarterly progress reports as well as annual program reports
- Provide input as requested for other reports and documents and ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained
- Collect technical information and analyze associated opportunities and risks for programs in the area of operation
- Discuss monitoring and evaluation unit findings and work to take adequate corrective measures to improve the quality of activities based on findings discussed
- Document lessons learned and best practices identified during project implementation in coordination with the monitoring & evaluation team.
- Ensure sites/project/field office reports are received in a timely manner.
- Other reporting duties as assigned
Leadership & Management of Program Team
- Technical management and leadership of all staff.
- Technical management of the field-based program team, including program officers to ensure program delivery is timely, effective, and accountable;
- Pro-actively identify any staff issues to follow up or conflicts to resolve within the team;
- Undertake regular appraisals of directly supervised project staff.
- Guide and provide technical support and capacity building to project staff.
- Participate in meetings and ensure visibility amongst local authorities and social sector actors. Share minutes and main points of such meetings with the Executive Director
- Other leadership duties as assigned
- Support project volunteers, maintain and regularly update volunteers’ database, and coordinate volunteers’ logistics requirements