· Drives company cars, or privately-owned vehicles to transport passengers.
· Picks up passengers at prearranged locations.
· Assists passengers with entering and exiting vehicles and assists with any luggage.
· Ensures passengers reach their destinations safely and on time.
· Observes safety regulations and state laws regarding vehicle operation; ensures passengers also follow applicable safety regulations.
· Communicates with controllers by phone to receive requests for passenger service.
· Ensures vehicle equipment such as brakes, lights, windshield wipers, etc., is maintained and operating properly.
· Reports vehicle problems to head pilot.
· Submits accident reports when needed.
· Conducts routine maintenance on vehicles including adding gasoline, oil, and water and checking tire pressure; ensures more specialised maintenance and repairs are performed.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Excellent driving skills.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Thorough understanding of traffic regulations, road signs, and routes.
Education and Experience:
· SSCE or equivalent preferred.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
· Lagos state drivers permit required.
· Physically able to drive a vehicle for prolonged periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and move luggage weighing up to 23kg