- The Production Superintendent reports to the Offshore Installation Manager. The function shall include, but may not be limited to the following, which may be revised from time to time as indicated by changes in operational requirements.
- The Production Superintendent is responsible for the safe and cost effective operation and maintenance of the Facility’s production systems with minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag and the Facility Management System.
- To fulfil the risk management requirements by ensuring all risks in production system and associate utilities operation and maintenance are identified and procedures are established and implemented.
- To manage the human resources available to the production group so as to maintain a flexible and efficient work culture.
- Monitor the planned maintenance system to ensure compliance and to report any non-compliances
- In cooperation with other department heads and the OIM, to assist in the preparation of budgets and control expenditures
- Be familiar with the Facility’s production systems and ensure that the Production staff are properly trained in their safe operation and maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records, which shall be readily retrievable and conform to the Facility Management System and ensure that all manuals and drawings are kept up to date.
- Responsible for the timely ordering of stores and spare gear and maintenance of sufficient onboard stock level of certain materials, to ensure that the production facility’s operational capabilities and safety are not jeopardised.
- Is the ‘responsible person’ for all operations in the production department requiring a work permit. Shall ensure that all safety precautions are taken, and that the work is carried out in a safe manner. May appoint Production Supervisor to act as ‘responsible person’ in his place but must inform the duty officer of any appointment made.
- Within the production department he is responsible for ensuring that the Facility Management System procedures are implemented.
- Together with the OIM and other HODs, shall jointly review compliance with the Facility Management System and update the documents to the current condition.
- Write Operational Procedures and Temporary Work Instructions as the need arises to cover new processes and projects.
- Communicates closely with the OIM and Maintenance Superintendent to optimize production and maximize uptime.
- Ensure that all plant start-ups and shutdowns are performed timely and safely in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure the safe and efficient isolation, de-isolation and reinstatement of all process plant.
- Ensure accurate daily reports are prepared and transmitted at the correct time.
- Perform individual appraisals of production personnel regularly and ensure that training needs are identified and training requirements fulfilled.
- Monitor and support contractors activities on the process plant and ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with the Facility Management System.
- Performing testing of wells.
- In conjunction with Onshore Engineering support, is responsible for monitoring pipework condition via corrosion prob readings, ultrasonic thickness checks and iron counts.
- Has authority to shut down process plant in event of imminent danger.
- Has authority to sign off process related MSRs.
- Be fully conversant with the Facility Emergency Response Plan and his role within this plan, and is always prepared for such eventuality.
- Ensure that he has knowledge of safety requirements, including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, Company policy and instructions, and ensure that the Facility’s Production staff are aware of, and understand them.
- Ensure that discharges and emissions resulting from the process facility are within the limits stipulated by the applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that controls and monitors to record such discharges and emissions are functioning and that these data are properly reported.
- Communicates closely with the OIM on daily process performance.
- Consults periodically with the Maintenance Superintendent on production facility maintenance.
- Cooperates fully with the OIM to enable the proper recording of required environmental data and implementation of safety programs.
- Liaises with Marine Superintendent on offtake operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience as a Production Superintendent on FPSOs or similar facilities with experience in the maintenance of process equipment.
- Experience with Safety Management Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
- Engineering and/or production qualifications, trade certificate or other relevant
- 12 years oil production experience of which 8 years offshore and 4 years in a senior supervisory position.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills.