To plan, organize and control production in an organization to ensure that products are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to a certain quality standard also adhering to safety/industry-related regulations.
- Plan and draw up a production schedule
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Cost management of products and assist with new product costings models.
- Analyze budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management.
- Select equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
- Ensure output meets quality standards.
- Report to upper management.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Set production budgets.
- Manage production budgets.
- Degree/Diploma in Operation management, Business, Finance or related field
- Qualification in Food/Operations/Production/Operations.
- 10 - 15 years working experience
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Planning and organization skills to be able run and monitor the production process
- Being able to develop good working relationships and trust with various teams.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients.
- Identifying problems and implement preventative strategies to minimize risk.
- Working well with other departments and external suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail-oriented.
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels.
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel.
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective professional working relationships with co- workers and every level of management.
- The capacity to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality.