Production Manager – Frefa Table Water: Summary
- Responsibility for total production performance and, together with the Quality Control Manager, sets and defines metrics for the water factory workforce.
- Responsible for the operations, planning, and coordination of water production process.
- Together with the Quality Control Manager, develop and implement a world class operations strategy for the factory.
- Effectively collaborates with Quality Control Manager to realize the vision and strategic objectives of the company. Also, implements plant safety programs and ensure compliance with QAMS and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Works with key leaders of the business and implements standards for uncompromising regulatory compliance, through timely processing and acquisition of necessary documentations/approvals.
- Articulates and plan production activities, production meetings, machine maintenance schedules, and work schedules of production staff.
- Supervises, coach and mentor the production staff, set goals, metrics and monitor performance.
- Contributes to strategic planning and decision-making at the management level by developing and implementing production systems and processes that align with the company’s overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives.
- Manages production schedules and maintains capacity by ensuring that customer orders are met, lead-time is as short as possible, and finished goods inventories are maintained at low levels by the relevant departments.
- Updates and maintain production schedules and organize workflow according to workloads to meet production and delivery schedules, complete assigned jobs, maintain production control records and provide information to management with regard to delivery dates, schedules and distribution targets.
- Oversees all production staff scheduling, time-off requests and overtime, monitor product quality, accuracy and timeliness of all orders to ensure that customer commitments are met through production of high-quality materials that meet customer delivery expectations.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Manager, Supply Chain, Quality Control, Finance & Accounts and other key employees in drafting and agreeing on strategy and production budgets, production schedules, production targets, product quality targets, production forecasting, distribution targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) for quality and growth as well as providing regular progress reports to senior management.
- Effectively collaborates with marketing and sales, ensuring sales targets are met weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Develops capabilities to bring new products into the factory quickly, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Building effective relationships with other factory leaders and corporate team members. Continuously cultivate and promote positive team spirit among the workforce and stakeholders.
- Establishes a lean manufacturing approach to materials information flow and personnel levels, to ensure cost-effective and efficient production operations.
- Researches evaluates and recommend investments in technology, equipment, systems, or other assets that will enhance the standards, capabilities and efficiencies of the company.
- Provides guidance, set goals to Line Supervisors and Team Leads in the performance of their duties. Ensure that production activities meet approved targets and standards.
- Ensures that appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are developed and maintained for all aspects of production operations.
- Monitors working conditions to ensure the continued provision of a safe and healthy working environment for the employees.
- Maintains all necessary records to ensure effective monitoring of production activities and operations.
- Responsible for succession planning and development of the production personnel.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Demonstrate good management and planning skills, including prioritizing and time management.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent team-building skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable and able to work well in a diverse team environment.
- Must be computer literate.
Education and Experience
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree/HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Industrial Chemistry from a reputable institution. Possession of an MBA will be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in production and manufacturing operations in a reputable water factory.
- Must have strategic thinking acumen and be an excellent team player.
- Familiar with/understanding of ISO certification.