Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and sustain business strategies for all power products and services.
- Regular conduct customer & sector analysis in order to maintain a competitive portfolio of product lines to match customer and sector requirements.
- Prepare sales budgets and sales targets across each product line and customer sector.
- Be accountable for sales revenue and gross margins.
- Be accountable for maintaining a rolling sales forecast and opportunity pipeline.
- Be accountable for independently sourcing and securing additional revenue from new customers.
- Be accountable for the preparation and presentation of costing, quotations and proposals in line with company procedures.
- Responsible for subsequent follow up on any quote or proposal issued.
- Responsible to provide accurate analysis on lost orders.
- Be accountable for inventory planning and shipment schedules, in consultation with finance and logistics team, to prevent zero stock scenarios.
- Be accountable for providing market, competitor and pricing analysis to ensure company’s pricing structure remains competitive, but still in line with target margins set.
- Be accountable to develop, nurture and sustain an efficient and effective ERP/CRM customer database, and relationships, in order to achieve monthly/quarterly/annual KPI’s and sales targets.
- Liaise with Service Department to measure, improve and sustain acceptable levels of customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with the service department to ensure that delivery, installation and commissioning of new orders are achieved and invoiced, in a timely manner.
- Be accountable to prepare and submit a detailed monthly sales analysis report.
- Be accountable to monitor, measure and manage sales target achievement on a weekly basis in order to implement timely corrective actions.
- Be accountable for the management of sales ERP/CRM database covering enquiries, leads, quotes, orders/revenue secured, conversion ratios etc.
- Be accountable to provide weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual feedback related to sales achievements providing sufficient data to aid in decision making.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from finance, logistics, service etc. to ensure customers’ expectations are achieved, or surpassed.
- Follow ISO processes and procedures at all times.
- Must have a proven track record in selling power related products and services.
- Must have a strong technical knowledge to match customer power requirements with existing company’s portfolio.
- Ability to externally source a competitively priced technical solution, out with current company’s portfolio, to match customer requirements.
- Proven track record and experience in selling power backup systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of UPS Systems, Hybrid Solar and Storage solutions
- Highly motivated, target driven individual who has the ability to independently work alone to achieve KPI and revenue objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ERP/CRM databases.
- Must have excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills, both verbally and written.
- Be proficient in English oral and written communication.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and schedules.
- Knowledge within either Banking, Telecoms, IT, Industrial, Medical, Oil & Gas, EPC market sectors would be an advantage.
- Experience in a senior or management sales function would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in Nigeria, Africa, or an alternative overseas location would be an advantage.
Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in similar position
- Degree in relevant discipline, Electronics/Electrical Engineering