- Planning and developing merchandising strategies.
- Analyzing sales figures, market trends and customer behaviour to determine product needs.
- Stocking sales floor shelves and creating attractive product displays.
- Determining the need for and implementing product promotions, price changes, markdowns, clearouts, etc.
- Ensuring retail staff are well informed on product details and promotions.
- Maintaining and tracking inventory.
- Liaising between customer and company.
- Forecasting sales and profits.
- Managing budgets.
Product Merchandiser Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience in merchandising or retail preferred.
- A degree in business, marketing, retail or related field may be preferred.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.