- The Product Manager is responsible for handling the development, implementation, and support processes for the company’s existing and new products.
- The position requires cross functional teamwork with our sales, services, operations, technology, legal, marketing, and product groups. This includes client interactions with broker dealers and touch points with potential partners in fintech, market/industry groups or regulators.
- The product manager should have experience working for a financial or technology organization, with strong attention to detail and communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university. MBA is an added advantage
• 3+ years of experience in product management, ideally within Financial Services
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Certified Innovation Leader Credential (CIL)
• Proven track record designing and delivering consumer facing propositions
• Deep understanding of Agile principles and experience facilitating Scrum ceremonies
Desired Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to understand complex technical challenges and support the team in making the right decisions
• Comfortable working in large, cross-functional teams
• Can produce high-quality market scans, competitor analyses and other reports as they are required
• A “self-starter” - willing to own all aspects of the product and the team
• Exacting attention to detail, picking up on the details that others miss
• Outstanding written and communication skills including a strong track record of cross-team and cross-client team participation
• An energetic, positive and innovative demeanor, with leadership and facilitation skills to bring projects to a successful delivery
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders
• Prior experience writing business requirements, user stories or functional specifications required
• Substantial experience prioritising, executing and delivering according to a product roadmap
• Engineering experience is not essential, but exposure and familiarity with a modern tech stack is
• Skills at both presenting team’s work, and facilitating workshops
Detailed Job Description - The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
• Lead and/or support a number of key projects (often simultaneously) from original concept through final implementation.
• Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
• Set the long-term vision and strategy for the company’s products.
• Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and
generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
• Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
• Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
• Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services