ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Requesting and reviewing supplier quotations from a commercial standpoint.
- Processing requisition data through ERP system.
- Periodic negotiation of material rates.
- Expediting and ensuring timely deliveries.
- Maintaining supplier relationships and master data.
- Spend analysis.
- Financial reporting.
- Liaising with project managers to set & maintain budgets.
- Applying and engaging in LEAN initiatives within the purchasing process where possible.
- Investigation and evaluation of new potential suppliers, recommending those most desirable to senior management.
- Negotiating with partners for the recovery of defect products during the warranty period.
- First Degree in Supply Management, Finance, Business or any other relevant field
- Professional of Chartered Institute of Procurement (CIPS), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or recognized equivalent
- Construction Industry Dynamics
- Procurement Processes
- Holistically Manage Risk
- Enhance Sustainability
- Improve Supplier Relationships
- Participate in a Global Market
- Involve New Technology
- Lead in Innovation
- Develop Financial Skills
- Analytic Skills
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC relevant experience in similar roles