- Support the implementation of the Organisational Strategy covering procurement processes; develop systems of control, policies and procedures to drive compliance with set Company Procurement SOPs
- Support the Supply Chain Operations of the company in developing and updating the Company’s Procurement policy and reviewing commodity strategy with the Management Team.
- Manage purchasing information and systems, track and report key functional metrics of the Unit to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Conduct periodic market surveys and product performance reviews.
- Ensure strong analytics capability within the procurement function in order to enable detailed analysis of key categories and support recommended spend and buy better strategies.
- High Level of responsibility for Procurement Internal controls, Risk Management and supplier integrity in partnership with Finance and other related departments.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Oversee the management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting and evaluation of services of the Company’s inventory suppliers.
- Identify suppliers by comparing prices, specifications, payment terms and service delivery to determine the most profitable vendors and appropriate vendor selection to secure the most advantageous terms on behalf of the Company
- Negotiate & set-up supply contracts and determine supplier SLAs.
Planning, Administration & Documentation
- Determine the organizations need by participating in the development of specifications, studying sales record, inventory levels replenishment cycles and product lead time, assessing supply-side market conditions.
- Coordinate the procurement planning process including supply/demand forecasting, inventory management and on-time delivery.
- Carry out effective & proactive liaison with all retail outlets and departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet purchase deadlines.
- Supply outlets and relevant departments in order to optimize inventory at the retail outlets.
- Oversee inter-branch inventory transfer for accuracy.
- Perform demand planning in order to optimize inventory at the Distribution Center by liaising with related internal and external customers as well as key suppliers of allotted business areas
- Oversee the preparation of Purchase Orders and requisitions.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing records, produce management reports, track status of requisitions, contracts and orders, approve supplier/vendor bills for payment.
- Respond to internal and external supplier enquiries while reviewing requisition orders to verify accuracy, specifications and terminology.
- Coordinate shipment of products from overseas and local suppliers
• Responsible for managing strategic alliances and stakeholders in collaboration with other Management staff across the organization.
• Work with department managers and other staff to forecast demand of procurement services.
• Manage performance of reports and ensure that relevant training and development interventions are implemented to sustain performance
• Mentor and coach reports to ensure performance in the team is sustained.