We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organisation utilises an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
● Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
● Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
● Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
● Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organisation has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
Manage Babban Gona’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain:
• Direct purchasing agents and buyers throughout the process of evaluating suppliers, conducting interviews with vendors, negotiating supplier agreements and managing supplier and vendor contracts.
• Develop procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
• Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
• Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
• Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility.
• Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Approve purchase orders and organizing and confirm delivery of goods and services.
• Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
• Control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
• Oversee and manage the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
• Prepare procurement reports.
• Manage domestic and international shipments for both Inbound and
• Outbound Carriers, to the highest degree of cost effectiveness and reliability.
• Lead a skilled team to ensure standards of purchase are met - in line with business expectations -- effectively assigning projects and monitoring progress of the team.
• Builds, develops, measures and coaches members of the team to develop valuable skills and behaviors to enhance performance. Sets staff goals and objectives and reviews staff semi-annually and annually against individual• plans. Develops and executes strategies to meet the training needs and succession plan for team.
• Update procurement standard operating procedure in compliance with all State and Federal laws, executive orders and guidelines.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders within the team to ensure
• Lead continuous Improvement Initiatives to Improve procurement and logistics processes.
• Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage a collaborative and customer-centric work environment among internal and external customers.
• Ensure consistent and accurate management reports and analysis highlighting relevant trends are available and maintained - to enhance data-driven decision-making within the team.
• Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
This position reports to the Head of Partnershi
Profound know-how in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation and Compliance
▪ Leadership experience in logistics, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as technology and Learning organization.
▪ Ability to analyze information and make quick decisions which is helpful for choosing suppliers, managing costs and choosing quality merchandise.
▪ Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
▪ Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
▪ In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
▪ Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
▪ Excellent communication skills: Fluent oral and written English.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics (Master’s degree in finance and/or MBA preferred) At least 6 years of senior financial management role with accounting experience
▪ Ability to relate with people from different backgrounds
▪ Well informed on the Nigerian Agri-business environment
Start Up Environment
▪ Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
▪ Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
What we are offering:
• An entrepreneurial, startup and dynamic work environment.
• Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations.
• Opportunity to grow along with the company and be part of an impactful story.
• Competitive salary with additional benefits.
Our organisation currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Lagos, Nigeria.