· The Procurement and Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall design and management of an effective procurement process for the basic nutrition package project in one of the states where Africare will be implementing the program.
· Management of the effective procurement process, such as PR, PO, Tender/Bid, Contract process.
· Responsible for supply chain management of nutrition-related products, commodities, supplies and pharmaceuticals.
· Management of medical drug logistics in line with the needs of the program.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies.
· Work closely with the Project Director or Africare designated representative to understand their procurement and logistic needs.
· Work with the Project Director or Africare designated representative to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries.
· Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable.
· Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
· Plan, source (directly or via donor/CA procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment).
· Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled.
· Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organization.
· Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organizational and donor policies.