Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain a compendium of Directives, Rules, and Regulations;
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are followed;
- Monitor and review contracts compliance;
- Monitor and review compliance with all reporting deadlines;
- Monitor and review budget compliance;
- Monitor and advise on the development/ review of policies and procedures and other important documentation;
- Prepare, document audit process, present objective reports that reflect audit results, make reasonable and objective recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, and monitor management’s response and implementation;
- Prepare engagement reports and submit them to the Director, Programme Performance for review and subsequent approval by the Auditor-General;
- Ensure the safe custody of audit working papers, both hard and soft copies;
- Preparation of audit planning memoranda, determination of the scope, nature, and timing of audit activities for the supervisor’s review;
- Influence the strengthening of the control environment, through Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance, and other risk management tools. This will be done through timely audit recommendations and validation of management’s agreed actions;
- Coordination of audit activities as per the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual;
- Lead and manage subordinates in the performance of engagements and ensure compliance with the audit time schedule;
- Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s);
- Contribute to the continuous update of audit methodology process, tools that are efficient and effective to support a high functioning directorate;
- Assist the Director, Program Performance on capacity building programmes for the subordinates;
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems as well as succession plans;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field from a recognized University.
- 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, or related area is required, including 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
- Experience in public sector auditing is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of auditing in ERP environment (SAP for instance) and using specialized IT audit applications, such as IDEA, ACL, and TeamMate;
- Expert knowledge of audit theory and practice, including principles and practical implementation of enterprise risk management, corporate governance issues and internal control practices;
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and Certified International Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage.
Age Limit: The candidate must be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies:
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect the chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information, and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues, and subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness, and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgment, tact, and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes, and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services, and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member state's development trends, indicators, challenges, and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends, and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance, and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions, and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions, and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- bility to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.