Responsible for all duties that are directly and not directly related to classroom instruction and student achievement including, teaching matters, learning development, academic affairs, regulatory compliance, formulating the aims and objectives of learning and caring, including lesson planning, managing students and learning resources to achieve the aims and objectives of the school and monitor progress towards their achievement. To take responsibility for learning and assessment process throughout all taught subjects.
Ability to use Technology to achieve teaching and learning goals
· To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional programme in early years, elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages pupils or students alike to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
· Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials subject to approval not less than a week before implementation to facilitate active learning according to Granny Murray Schools extended global standards.
· Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, tests, homework and assessments that are in accordance with established procedures.
· Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
· Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
· Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
· Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
· Provide appropriate feedback on work, including parents, colleague and pupil complaints.
· Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development (Picture stories or virtual records).
· Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, policies and school regulations.
· Prepare required reports on students and activities.
· Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
· Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs with proper guidance from team lead
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Prepare classroom for class activities before instruction time (worksheet, resources/manipulatives) and tidy up on completion of the class.
· Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities (Plan with an approved early start form).
· Observe and evaluate student's performance and development i.e. Diagnostic, Formative and Summative Evaluation.
· Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, assessments and assignments subject to RDF format and grading system.
· Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.