- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Keep records on individual children including daily observations and information about activities, meals served and (through the nurse) medication administered.
- Read to children, teach them simple painting, drawing, handcraft and songs.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities such as games.
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- Dress children and change diapers.
- Develop and Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concept.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring to parents or guardians attention.
- Develop work schemes and lesson plan to motivate pupils and imaginatively using resources to help them to learn.
- Provide a safe and secure environment in which the pupils can learn.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of National Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Training in Early Years and Jolly Phonics
- 4 years’ experience in teaching in a Montessori or EYFS environment