- To create a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all children
- To share responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room, following systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
- To develop genuine bonds with the children and support colleagues to sensitively fulfill their responsibilities
- To reflect on practice and daily routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child, throughout the day
- To contribute to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up
- To contribute to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard, and are shared effectively
- To provide feedback and work in partnership with key parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication, and involvement in nursery life
- To be professional and a good role model to the children and other staff members, at all times
- To work flexibly as part of the larger team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required, in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- To be aware of the high profile of Twinkly Tots and refrain from irresponsible behavior that could impact the company’s commercial success
- To attend reasonable out-of-working-hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parents evening, and special events.
- To respect and value all colleagues, children, and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
- To cooperate and work effectively with the management team, taking on additional responsibilities /duties
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need.
This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.