This position is responsible for frequent monitoring and adjustment of multiple variable controls to ensure proper operation of the pre-cleaning line.
• Complete setup and operation of equipment according to published parameters.
• Must maintain good housekeeping and safety practices.
• Conduct quality checks to ensure quality specifications are being met.
• Complete necessary paperwork of shift change and tasks performed with great attention to detail.
• Maintain product specification in accordance with the standards.
• Ensure proper package weights, materials, and labeling as required.
• Complete all quality assurance documentation and pre-cleaning parameter documentation.
• Promptly relay information to Managers regarding shift accomplishments, problems, or suggestions.
• Dismantle equipment during shut downs and prepare for sanitation.
• Cross train and become proficient on pre-cleaning machines
• Assist with training new operators on position.
• Perform preventative maintenance by monitoring the condition of the different equipment.
- The rice mill operates Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day. Two shifts fill every 24 hour period morning 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, and Night shift 8:00 pm - 8:00 am.
- Employees rotate to the next shift, that is, from morning shift to Night shift, every week (with exceptions). So the position requires availability Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day with one day off every week.
- Able to speak, write and read the English language, Hausa is a plus.
- Able to follow policies and procedures in conducting job tasks.
- Able to work with a team and independently.
- Able to operate a touch screen computer with minimum beginner computer skills
- This job operates in a manufacturing warehouse environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment. The environment is hot, cold, dusty and loud. Must be able to comply with personal protective equipment on the manufacturing floor (hearing protection, hard hat, safety glasses, beard/hair nets, gloves, boots and others as required).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms overhead and grip; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50KG.
- No travel expected.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications will be a plus.
- Rice mill: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine operation: 1 year (Required)
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health Cover
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Program
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift/Night Shift
- 6 days a week
- Wearing a mask is required, temperature checks and COVID-19 screen questions are given to employees and visitors when entering the building. Social distancing is enforced.
- One location
- Kano, Nigeria.
- Waiting period may apply