- Proven extensive experience as a practice manager.
- LL.B/B.L and a minimum of 8 years practical experience is required for this position.
- Business development and marketing expertise.
- Demonstrate high standard of personal and business behaviour, and high level of professionalism.
- Strong interest in how law and indeed how law firm’s works, and a willingness to stay abreast of current affairs in the profession.
- Self-motivation and dedication to the legal process.
- The ability to handle pressure, long hours, and strict deadlines.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to deliver on assigned mandates within predetermined timelines.
- Demonstrable and possess leadership abilities.
- Team building techniques.
- Law school degree.
- Preferably, the ideal candidate should be a seasoned lawyer that has acted in the capacity of a practice manager within the legal industry and or law firms.
- Supervise company’s day to day operations and management.
- Monitor and follow up on briefs till completion.
- Coordinate communication and efficiency within support areas.
- Drive organizational initiatives.
- Prepare implement and regularly review the firm’s strategy against set goals with a combination of detailed HR, Finance, IT, and Marketing strategies.
- Regularly review industry best practice and research industry norms, in order to identify opportunities and exploit them.
- Monitor and oversee client management.
- Take a central role in coordinating and driving the firm’s performance in line with its strategic objectives.
- Ensure that the Firm is compliant and fulfils tax related, legislative and law society requirements.
- Liaise with external and internal parties and vendors on financial, accounting, and operational matters.
- Prepare or oversee internal and external audit and reporting material.
- Review financial statements with management committee.
- Direct, manage with strong oversight over cash flow requirements of the firm, ensuring collection of outstanding invoices/money and the payment to creditors occur in the best interest of the firm.
- Provide strategic direction to development and managing of the annual planning and budgeting process.
- Analyse and report on the firm’s performance against set objectives.
- Determine areas of need and development withing the law firm and its staff.
- Liaising with other legal professionals such as solicitors to improve the firm’s processes.
- Drive decision making from the management and creates medium and long-term improvement for the firm.
- Manage and contribute significantly to the firm’s operations and management.
- Drive and participate in determining the assumptions in the salary increase process.
- Participate in the performance management process and certain recruitment processes.
- Monitor performance of IT service providers.
- Assist in project management.
- Other activities as assigned by the management.
- Skilled in the art of multitasking.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation and advocacy skills.
- The ability to present a point of view convincingly.
- Quick-witted, self-awareness and excellent persuasion skills.
- SALARY: N200,000 – N250,000
WORK HOURS: As the Practice Manager, the work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 7:00pm. However, it is important to note that the practice manager may be required on occasion to work extended hours and on weekends.