· Oversee business relationship between LAU and its partner legal and accounting firms.
· Sees to the establishment of criteria for enrolment of partner firms, the enrolment process and development of framework for sharing of revenue and service level agreement
· Manage an emergency legal advice unit to manage pressing customers need or request.
· Oversees content/product development and standardization
· Midwife the development and review of key performance standard and measurement for partner firms
• Controlling, managing and directing the activities of the Legal Services function;
• Providing professional, strategic and high quality legal and related advice/analyses to
management and staffs, tailored to the organization’s needs, on matters pertaining to all aspects of the organization
• Providing advice to the management, as applicable, on legal strategy and related matters
• Contributing to the preparation of draft contracts and agreements as required;
• Liaising with other parties’ legal advisors/representatives as required;
• Undertaking legal research;
· Compliance with the Authority’s legal and other obligations
· Development of guidance, policies, handbooks, manuals etc., as required to secure/facilitate compliance; Such obligations would include, regulation pertaining to employment, health & safety, disability, equality, data protection, freedom of information, official languages, taxation, procurement etc.
· Discharging specific responsibilities deriving from law, regulation etc., as assigned from time to time;
· Act as company’s Secretary and discharging the statutory functions assigned to the Company Secretary.
· Maintenance of minutes of Board and Committee meetings;
· convening of members’ meetings and provision of requisite notice, as required;
· ensuring that the provisions of the company’s establishing legislation and Memorandum and Articles of Association are adhered to;
· Drafting of Board Papers
· BSc./ LLM in law
· 3 year cognate experience in corporate legal capacity within a fast-paced, fast-evolving and dynamic environment
· Track record of over-achieving quota
· Exceptional communication skills along with active listening
· ability to identify and remedy complex legal issues without inviting the services of external legal advice
· exceptional legal negotiation skills
· Have an entrepreneurial and innovative instincts.
· A good organizer