Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and deliver a Public relations strategy, aligning external and internal messages, in support of the Brand Journey road map and objectives
- Develop and implement marketing communication’s PR plan
- Implement Media relations strategy
- Implementing the full spectrum of public relations tactics including pitching to news media, coordinating news conferences, arranging editorial boards, coordinating special events, preparing collateral materials, and managing internal communications across multiple businesses and partners
- Conduct high-level media briefings
- Manage media relations, pursue positive publicity, and coordinate targeted advertising in appropriate media
- Proactive identification of potential issues and crisis related to the brand
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Manage social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Build awareness for the brand and channel
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong collaborative working relationship with the PR Agency.
- Support the Company’s launch and ongoing activities by working closely with the PR agency in the creation of press releases, media alerts, creating media target lists, building product messaging, supervising media outreach and product review program.
- Respond timely to requests, work collaboratively to solve business problems, and communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with content providers to collaborate on media relations that will grow the image and enhance the value of the brand.
- Develop, maintain and grow extensive contacts base relevant to the broadcast media industry spanning print, broadcast and digital, in trade and consumer media
- Responsible for team strength & performance level (attraction, selection, retention & development of PR team)
- Ensure alignment with Team strength, performance and energy matched strategic requirements – under performers identified, improved or removed
- Ensure direct reports live Company ethics;
- Departmental goals understood and actively pursued by team; work accountability clearly delegated
- Performance reviews are done regularly, everyone has clear picture of current performance, recognition given where it is due and low performers are acted upon
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Having an MBA would be advantageous
- A minimum of 8 years of PR experience,
- 5 years of management experience
- Detailed commercial and financial acumen, balanced with creative flair.
- Customer Centricity
- Developing value propositions
- Brand Management
- Reporting and Research
- Project Management
- Financial Management/Budgeting
- PR Management
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance
- Media Management
- Vendor Management