- Responsibilities of the poultry (broiler) supervisor are as follows:
- Administering necessary treatments according to schedule
- Performing fat sampling
- Responsibility for birds’ welfare by health monitoring tasks like close observation for any deficiencies for expedient preventive measures.
- Ensuring poultry conditions are suited to maximize good health for the birds and reduce the mortality rate.
- Understand and take corrective action against factors that affect feed intake by poultry.
- Plan, direct and report on the utilization of production resources, including poultry farmworkers.
- Plan and oversee Poultry houses preparation and stocking procedures pertaining to poultry production.
- Monitor feedstocks and respond to feed quality requirements.
- Prepare production reports and submit them to the production manager on a regular basis.
- Monitor bird production trends and ensure set targets are achieved.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the production manager and the management alike.
- Understanding and ability to feed and care for poultry birds.
- Problem-solving, resource management and supervisory skills.
- Minimum of OND, preferably in Animal Science and Production or any related field.
- 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Applicants residing around Iwo, Osun state are strongly advised to apply.