Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs duties concerned with raising poultry for eggs or meat
- Cleans and fills feeders and water containers.
- Distribute feed
- Collects eggs, packs eggs in cases or cartons; select, weigh, and crate. Record totals packed or crated every day.
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintain knowledge of diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Apply health and safety standards
- Keep records up to date
- May be allocated according to the discretion of employer to any type of farm or product such as Brooder Farm, Chicken Farm, Egg-Producing Farm, Pullet Farm, Turkey Farm.
- Ensure birds have access to food and water always
- Utilize proper biosecurity standards when entering and exiting houses
- Control temperature of houses for ultimate bird comfort
- Poultry feed is a balanced feed which aids proper development of chicks and pullet. The principal raw materials required are maize, rice polish, rice bran, groundnut cake, soya beans, fish meal, vitamin and salt. All the raw materials are locally available except vitamin which is to be imported.
- Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the mill is kept clean, including the grounds surrounding the mill
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly routine preventative maintenance tasks
- Assist in repair and maintenance projects with the maintenance staff
- Assist in maximizing the efficiency of the mill
- Fill micro ingredient boxes and clean out ingredient bins as needed
- Work with employees to identify and address ingredient flow issues
- Bag complete feeds
- Load feed orders on to trucks
- Ensure that company safety practices are adhered to
- Receive ingredients into the mill, both bulk and bagged
- Grinding and mixing of ingredients received
- Upon employment half ( 50% ) of your first-month salary would be withheld by the company. This will be paid to the employee when employment has been terminated by either party, in the event that the employee damages company property the sum withheld would be released only if the company chooses to.