News Editor Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze and capitalize various attributes and requirements of print and digital media to strengthen editor’s position.
- Manage and produce news to present information with accuracy, flow, and within time frame.
- Design innovative and unique solutions to optimize routine news coverage.
- Monitor and use multimedia, nonlinear and alternative storytelling strategies to widen readership base.
- Manage and edit contents to cater to readers’ requirement and provide detailed information for same.
- Work within creative environment to respond to various competing priorities.
- Prepare work schedule and deadlines and encourage team members to meet targets to facilitate timely publication.
- Design and implement coverage strategies to facilitate wide coverage of all sorts of issues and news.
- Provide training to news reporters on how to select news for existing readership and gain new readers.
- Coordinate with colleagues in he newsroom and other departments to define priorities for same.
- Coordinate with internal and external customer service to obtain optimum workflow.