• Management of the maintenance and repair of container cranes, handling equipment, facilities and utilities is at the highest possible standards in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
• Responsible for new terminal equipment from tendering specification to final testing commissioning, safe handover
• Well controlled over purchase and issuance of spare parts, consumable, lubricants, tools and equipment from the engineering stores and monitoring of stock inventory levels
• Good negotiation skills to get optimum results from supplier, contractors & service providers.
• Ensure that all engineering work is performed to the highest standard to meet operational requirements.
• Ensure that work is carried out safely and according to company and port regulations
• Ensure that resources are utilised efficiently and effectively in order to meet company targets in respect of equipment availability, reliability and maintenance costs.
• Ensure that work is performed to the highest standard to meet operational requirements.
• Identify problem areas, investigate and implement solutions.
• Control materials and parts inventories & utilisation to ensure that optimum stocks are maintained to ensure availability as needed. Also responsible for all engineering related procurement and for keeping costs within acceptable budget levels.
• Implement projects to improve equipment operational efficiency and economies.
• Ensure that work is carried out safely and according to company and port regulations.
• Maintain full and complete records to facilitate planning and analysis.
• At least 8 years hands-on Engineering experience at a senior level
• Experience in a busy Container Terminal is essential
• Engineering Degree or equivalent issued by a recognized institution in an appropriate discipline - additional qualifications or experience in associated disciplines will be advantageous
• Customer focused with a good understanding of how the Engineering function should contribute to the viability of the business
• Excellent planning and management skills – you must be able to lead a diverse team and achieve high levels of operational efficiency with minimum equipment downtime.
• Excellent communication skills in English and able to manage effectively in a multicultural environment
• With solid hands-on engineering experience on all container port equipment STS, RTG, ES, RS, FL etc