- The custodian of the production platform ensuring its availability and stability to within agreed performance thresholds.
- Ensure all applications and services within the platform are monitored for performance and availability.
- Collaboration with the DevOps to offer support for live products, modify existing software, fix issues or perform upgrades.
- Interact with other Technology teams during all product development cycles.
- Development of internal Portals as required by business
- Attend reported incidents(L1) and escalate where required (L2, L3).
- Documentation of reported incidents, their resolution and mitigation as well as lesson learnt.
- Do code peer reviews for every product that is developed within the team
- Participate in knowledge transfer and product innovation.
- Participate in technical training and mentorship within the technology team.
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
● Communication Skills
● Interpersonal Skills
● Time Management Skills
● Problem Solving Skills
Academic and Professional Qualifications
● BSC degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
● Good knowledge in at least one of the following languages: Java, NodeJS, Python, Php, GOlang.
● Good knowledge of building Restful JSON APIs
● Good knowledge of version control preferably using Git
● Comfortable with technical and non-technical communication skills
● Good knowledge of web application performance & security best practices
● Good knowledge of RDBMSs
● Knowledge of Messaging Queues a plus.
● Good knowledge of incident management tools
● Self-motivated and strong organizational skills
● At least 2-3 years proven work experience as a Software Engineer.
● Experience architecting production Software applications a plus.
● Experience with Unix/LINUX OS in the last 1-2years deploying and maintaining applications