We are expanding our operations and looking for a Plant Engineer to oversee the electrical and mechanical systems of our 100 Tons per day Casava Starch Plant from installation to troubleshooting as well as execute an effective maintenance plan while collaborating with management and other departments to ensure the plant operates reliably with minimal downtime. The goal is to ultimately grow the plant to 200 Tons per day producing other by-products such as Sorbitol, Casava Chips, Casava flour, etc. We are a business conglomerate that has been in business for over 40 years with interests in finance, real estate, retail and wholesale, and manufacturing. For the right individual, this is a great opportunity to grow and expand with a diverse business group.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues
- Maintain an efficient and safe working environment for all employees
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and design appropriate plant maintenance programs to reduce all downtime
- Mange manufacturing of all products effectively
- Monitor all capital improvements projects and organize various performance appraisals and recommend training programs as per requirement
- Perform a regular audit of all safety control programs
- Design efficient training programs and prepare all short and long-term programs and ensure achievement of all objects within budget.
- Prepare an efficient schedule for all production operations and assist in the installation and maintenance of all machines and tools
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain the mechanical integrity of all plant programs
- Administer all activities and assist in the manufacturing of all new products and recommend improvements to existing products
- Design all preventive maintenance programs in coordination with maintenance and engineering staff
- Evaluate all production activities and prepare reports for all activities and inspect all associate plant machines and equipment
- Analyze all equipment requirements and assist in the requisition of all tools and equipment
- Resolve all maintenance issues and recommend improvements to same if required
- Maintenance and review of everyday logs and assist to resolve all issues and provide support to all engineering activities and participate in all facilities maintenance meetings
- Review and recommend improvements to all SOP procedures and perform troubleshooting on all plant activities and resolve all issues and assist the facilities manager to implement all changes
- Validate all systems and prepare required documents for all installation proves
- Provide an efficient interface with all automation and validation processes and provide training to all engineers and mechanics.
- Provide an efficient interface with the engineering department to evaluate all upcoming capital projects and analyze and obtain required feedback for all equipment and layouts.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor's degree in engineering mechanical or electrical
- 5 years of experience or 3 years with a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate work
- Must be a good communicator and must be able to interact regularly and comfortably across various departments - from individual to the Management Team level to negotiate solutions that foster strong relationships and the continued success of the project.
- Have Experience with the food or Cassava industry.
- Experience in cassava starch and bye products production is a strong asset.
- Expert with at least 5 years in diverse areas encompassing Operations and Maintenance in cassava starch plants, Installation, Commissioning, Project Planning & Management.
- Proven experience in handling raw materials for cassava starch production.
- Organize and execute production in line with the planned production schedule during commissioning.
- To maintain the parameter to achieve standard specification of cassava starch.
- Good knowledge of Industrial Standards and Safety Norms, while commissioning projects; demonstrated capability in installation, commissioning, operations, and maintenance of a wide range of process machinery/equipment and process operation of cassava starch plant.
- Focused and hardworking professional equipped with thorough knowledge and technical understanding coupled with commercial know-how.
- Must be willing to relocate to Nigeria.
- Organizational skills are essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office a must ﴾Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word﴿
- Strong Project management background and experience
- Giving feedback creating and presenting reports to different levels of management.
- Results-driven and able to handle pressure and work in a fast past environment.
Remuneration: NGN 250,000 - 300,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.