We have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen. We’re taking a big step on this journey, carrying out a vital mission: support our employees, so they can best support our customers. In this role you would be responsible for the communications with and control of all yard equipments during the execution of the vessel and yard operating plans. The Incumbent will act as a focal point for communication and coordination of equipment operators and would ensure to deploy the right equipment in the right place and on right time.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Ensure all equipment necessary to work vessel is ready and at the correct yard location prior to start of operations.
- Ensure operations are executed in accordance to priorities set by the Shift Manager, report any problem areas of operations and implement the agreed changes to resolve the problems.
- Ensure the optimum utilization and reduction of idle time for all equipment employed during the designated shift, by monitoring equipment work in the Terminal Operating System (TOS) and allocating equipment where required to achieve planned productivity levels.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the TOS with regards to equipment control and planning functionality and utilize them to the full in terminal operations.
- Maintain a watch over the terminal area for unsafe working practices.
- Contribute to “on the job” training of staff and undertake other duties within capabilities as required by management.
- Plans for meal breaks and relief of equipment operators.
- Monitors the TOS to identify potential clashes and delays in the yard.
Yard Equipment Controller (RTG, RS, ECH):
- At the time of shift change/commencing operation look after all the Yard equipment are logged in VMT/RDT as planned based on manning allocation.
- If any operator not reported/logged-in VMT/RDT, report to yard foreman/supervisor to trace operator to deploy on machine.
- Allocate equipment according current workload, rearrange CHE range if required.
- Create Move hour recap (yard operation forecast report) prearrange for following hour operation.
- If equipment not available or yard congestion advice Vessel planners to change vessel plan or crane program in advance.
- Inform yard planner about the availability of yard equipment’s in advance to align yard plan accordingly.
- Follow-up RTGs block to block transferring and movements, Rearrange CHE ranges during real time operation as required.
- Monitor the idle time of all Equipment and ensure that the idle time does not exceed beyond a specified limit. Follow up with the concerned operator to resolve problems if any.
- Follow-up long standing trucks and coordinate with yard supervisor to prioritize the job.
- Coordinate with gate controller, if any exceptions.
- Monitor CHE uncovered jobs and arrange equipment to execute the job.
- Reduce and increase Equipment’s in operation according operational requirements. Ensure equal distribution of jobs for similar equipment’s at all times.
- Monitor vessel discharge and loading in progress containers, assure no long waiting trucks in yard for grounding or loading.
- Report to technical planner if any equipment breakdown and to define priorities. update internal report for further reference.
- Coordinate with execution supervisors to manage exceptions.
- Monitor operator callback request in TOS and contact the operator on time.
- In the event to system breakdown/failure, communicate with equipment operators over VHF radio to facilitate execution of operations.
- Report all exceptions and preparations to Planning superintendent and Shift manager.
- Always analyze, status of the equipments (e.g. breakdown, working, under planned or corrective maintenance).
- Ensure to allocate RTGs in designated area if scheduled for PM Service and not to interrupt yard operation.
- Logout all equipment VMT/RDT from XPS prior shift change (5 minutes before shift change).
- Handover all operational details to following shift and report to Planning supervisor
- Performs any other tasks assigned by superiors to improve terminal efficiency or performance.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma plus a college degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Requires at least two years of work experience as a dispatcher preferably in a container terminal, else within a transportation environment.
- In depth knowledge of logistics, yard planning/lay-out and container terminal operations.
- Require a certificate in hazardous cargo handling.
- Possess effective analytical, numeracy, reporting and problem-solving skills.
- Mast have a proactive approach to improving systems and procedures that will improve operational efficiency.
- Requires some knowledge of TOS vessel and yard planning systems.
- Requires an understanding of vessel & yard planning, vessel and yard operations.
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Lean knowledge
- Customer Centricity
- Problem Solver mindset
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.