What you will do...
- Develop new web applications using customized, open-source, and off-the-shelf applications and components.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all internal integrated systems.
- Deliver new functionality and change requests for existing applications.
- Participate in the ongoing development of applications that meet the needs of our customers.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces (for ease of use).
- Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
What you will bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related discipline.
- 3+ years PHP development experience
- Recent versions of PHP (7.x preferred)
- Relational database setup and use (MySQL 5.6 or later)
- Git version control knowledge and experience
- Experience with RESTful API usage and implementation; experience creating/documenting an API is a plus
- Experience with Redis (or other NoSQL key-value store) is a plus
- Server and site performance optimization experience is a plus
- Preferred full-stack developer, but willing to mentor on needed areas
Additional preferred skills
- Laravel 5.x framework (or other similar MVC)
- Knowledge and use of Single Page Application design and implementation, including use of front-end tools such as CanJS, Vue, Aurelia, or Angular JS
- Experience with queues/workers in a distributed workload system (e.g. Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, Iron.io, Amazon SQS) is a plus
- Experience with Composer, NPM, Gulp, Grunt, or other tools in the build pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues with web server, database, security, network, and web technologies
- Customize, compile, install, configure, monitor and debug server instances, especially on NGINX
- Reporting, maintenance, and test automation tools in PHP (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Create and enhance in-house tools for website operations, support hardware & software issues
- Experience with customer & end-user support of online products; web, graphic and usability design