- This position is responsible for managing administrative duties for the Chairman of the Board as well as handling sensitive assignments that include highly confidential information.
- Provide critical information connection between the Chairman and internal and external customers to result in high quality and timely delivery of service.
- Diary management and administration
- Manage diary; understanding the importance of key meetings, building flexibility into the diary and anticipating needs
- To organize external visits, meetings and speaking engagements and coordinate briefing and material, and make travel and accommodation arrangements to ensure budget and time management pressures are met.
- Prepare letters, reports and other documents
- Screen incoming telephone calls; direct them appropriately
- Review incoming correspondence, distribute and respond accordingly. Follow up where necessary
- Manage and organize the administration
- Prepare documentation such as agendas and figures for meetings/ presentations and co-ordinate any project work
- Ensure correct briefing notes or papers for meetings
- Note take in meetings as and when required
- Create and maintain filing systems
- Make and coordinate travel arrangements in line with Company policy
- Ensure stationery supplies are maintained
- Provide support for all other administrative tasks as directed
- Maintain the organizational charts for areas of responsibility
- Process expenses within Company guidelines/timeframe for the Chairman’s office
- Attending to meetings in place of the Chairman if necessary
- Remember deadlines and prompt where necessary
- Communicate clearly, confidently and in a professional manner at all levels both internally and externally
- Deal with all inquiries and requests promptly only escalating when necessary
- Uses initiative to solve problems without the need to escalate
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts
- Convey a professional image at all times, exercising tact and diplomacy in handling a range of situations of differing content and complexity
- Handle sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- A Bachelor’s Degree or it's equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role within a structured corporate environment
- Knowledgeable in the use of the internet and other electronic office equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good multi-tasking skills; energetic and result oriented
- Planning and prioritizing skills
- Effective and proven interpersonal skills
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information
- Must be conversant with the use of Microsoft Office application
- Written and verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology in meeting management (Skype, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Video Conferencing)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Seamless support
- Schedules managed effectively
- Their office delivers to deadlines
- Work is accurate