Our client is a growing solar energy provider in West and Central Africa with a presence in Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Cameroon and Nigeria and plans to expand within the region. We are actively looking for a People Operations Officer that can ensure the professional running of tasks related to People management, administrative management and employee monitoring.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
1. Employee Administration:
- Ensure all staff records are up to date ( personal information, HMO registration, pension)
- Ensure all manual/electronic records and HR Databases are kept up to date and transferred to the company’s HRIS
- Follow up employee contracts (send employment letters, addendums, renew contracts, confirmations letters, etc)
- Ensure employees birthdays, milestone are celebrated promptly.
- Assist in creating and enforcing policies in the workplace
- Develop creative initiatives for staff welfare
- Maintain harmonious employee relationship and provide timely and appropriate dissemination of all employee communication updates
- Direct and answering all employee queries to the appropriate point of contact with the HR team
- Support payroll generation and salary disbursements using excel and the company’s HRIS
- Update existing payroll tools ( employee deductions, commissions, etc)
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and respond to questions about compensation
- Ensure the prompt disbursement of payslips
3. Recruitment/Manpower planning:
- Assist in preparing job descriptions and placing job adverts
- Sourcing profiles from various job channels
- Screening and shortlisting of CVs
- Scheduling interviews with relevant personnel
- Support employee onboarding (contribute to a detailed induction program for the newly joined employees)
- Keep track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-hire and cost-per-hire) and other metrics
- Network with other employers and employees within the sector (conferences, job fairs, HR networks etc.)
4. Onboarding / Exit management:
- Ensure orientation/onboarding materials for new staff orientation are updated to carry out orientations effectively.
- Organize and execute the entire orientation/exit programs
- Ensure all paperwork related to new hires, including contracts and non-disclosure agreements, ID cards, and other statutory documents are obtained and filed/scanned and saved on the company’s HRIS
- Create and continuously update our employee handbook
- Obtain feedback from the new hire on the onboarding process
- Ensure probation period interviews are conducted and documented
- Ensure the employee's final entitlements are accurately computed and paid at the completion of the handover process.
- Ensure a proper handover document is prepared and discussed with the employee’s supervisor
- Bachelor of Science Degree in HRM, Psychology or Social Sciences
- Membership in HRCI/CIPM/CIPD is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Passionate about social missions and motivated by the company's mission
- Ability to plan and keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Good knowledge of an ERP System
- Attention to detail
Salary: NGN132,000 - NGN231,000 (gross monthly)